Home Photography Writing About

23.2.12

Peter Pan Fever

Peter Pan and Wendy Kiss - monaco



Finding Neverland is a wonderful movie. Not only does it capture J.M. Barrie's imagination (him walking into a bedroom that is really an African plain...) but it pulls lines directly from Peter Pan. I'm kind of in a frenzy over the whole thing right now. I finished The Complete Adventures of Peter Pan (which I enjoyed immensely) and have rewatched that most awesome movie. I'm in the process of writing my own short story based on Peter Pan and Wendy.

But in the midst of it all, my kindle died.

I'm guessing it was airport security. Hopefully I can get it replaced. But in a pinch I needed my highlights from my kindle. I downloaded the kindle app on my phone and found my highlights in just a few minutes! So now a few of my favorite quotes.

"All children, except one, grow up."

"'You see, Wendy, when the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.'"

"'To die will be an awfully big adventure.'"

"'Proud and insolent youth,' said Hook, 'prepare to meet thy doom.' 'Dark and sinister man,' Peter answered, 'have at thee.'"

"'The window must always be left open for them, always, always.'"

"'Keep back, lady, no one is going to catch me and make me a man.'"

Of course a lot of those are simply timeless and everyone's favorites. Pan is such a saucy little creature. He is definitely not human, that much is for sure.